2018-06-16 14:17:41

by Chris PeBenito

Subject: [refpolicy] RFC: repo merge

I will be moving the refpolicy repo to the SELinuxProject GitHub
project. While doing this, I'm considering merging the contrib repo
back into the main refpolicy repo. Since this affects downstream users
(especially distros), I'm requesting comments.

The way I see it, there are a few options, in increasing disruptiveness:

* keep as-is (no repo structure change)
* move modules in contrib to policy/modules/contrib in the main repo
* move modules in contrib to policy/modules/services,
policy/modules/apps, etc. in the main repo, where it makes most sense

--
Chris PeBenito

2018-06-18 16:24:14

by Paul Moore

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 10:17 AM Chris PeBenito via refpolicy
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I will be moving the refpolicy repo to the SELinuxProject GitHub
> project. While doing this, I'm considering merging the contrib repo
> back into the main refpolicy repo. Since this affects downstream users
> (especially distros), I'm requesting comments.
>
> The way I see it, there are a few options, in increasing disruptiveness:
>
> * keep as-is (no repo structure change)
> * move modules in contrib to policy/modules/contrib in the main repo
> * move modules in contrib to policy/modules/services,
> policy/modules/apps, etc. in the main repo, where it makes most sense

Any approach that moves the contrib submodule back into the main repo
get's my vote ;)

--
paul moore
http://www.paul-moore.com

2018-06-18 17:10:58

by Jason Zaman

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 10:17:41AM -0400, Chris PeBenito via refpolicy wrote:
> I will be moving the refpolicy repo to the SELinuxProject GitHub
> project. While doing this, I'm considering merging the contrib repo
> back into the main refpolicy repo. Since this affects downstream users
> (especially distros), I'm requesting comments.
>
> The way I see it, there are a few options, in increasing disruptiveness:
>
> * keep as-is (no repo structure change)
> * move modules in contrib to policy/modules/contrib in the main repo
> * move modules in contrib to policy/modules/services,
> policy/modules/apps, etc. in the main repo, where it makes most sense

I'd like them merged in too, we have them merged in our downstream
gentoo policy repo. I think moving things into other dirs would make
sense too. Afterall, everything was contributed so thats kind of a
meaningless dir. Please do one commit that just merges
contrib in without any other changes. Then later commits can move things
around then its easier for me to fix things up in our repo.

-- Jason

2018-06-23 15:40:40

by Chris PeBenito

On 06/18/2018 01:10 PM, Jason Zaman wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 10:17:41AM -0400, Chris PeBenito via refpolicy wrote:
>> I will be moving the refpolicy repo to the SELinuxProject GitHub
>> project. While doing this, I'm considering merging the contrib repo
>> back into the main refpolicy repo. Since this affects downstream users
>> (especially distros), I'm requesting comments.
>>
>> The way I see it, there are a few options, in increasing disruptiveness:
>>
>> * keep as-is (no repo structure change)
>> * move modules in contrib to policy/modules/contrib in the main repo
>> * move modules in contrib to policy/modules/services,
>> policy/modules/apps, etc. in the main repo, where it makes most sense
>
> I'd like them merged in too, we have them merged in our downstream
> gentoo policy repo. I think moving things into other dirs would make
> sense too. Afterall, everything was contributed so thats kind of a
> meaningless dir. Please do one commit that just merges
> contrib in without any other changes. Then later commits can move things
> around then its easier for me to fix things up in our repo.

I ended up doing this as part of the repo move.

--
Chris PeBenito