2012-02-13 04:31:36

by Larry Finger

Subject: Re: Regarding Realtek wifi RTL8192

On 02/12/2012 09:42 PM, Prashant Badsheshi wrote:
> Dear Larry,
>
> Is the wireless chip used in the RTL8192CE and RTL8192SE are same or different?
> What is the difference bwtween RTL8192CE and RTL8192SE?
> Please let me know what do you mean by S in RTL8192SE?

Please do not drop the wireless ML - I do not do private consulting unless you
are paying me.

You should have figured out that those two chips are not the same. After all,
they have different drivers.

There are C chips and S chips. They are different. You need to contact Realtek
to find out about the differences. The only thing I know is that the C chips are
single stream, but the S version comes in 1x1, 1x2, and 2x2 variants - at least
for the PCI form.