2012-04-29 23:39:56

by Larry Finger

Subject: Re: rtl8192ce makes keyboard repeat and mouse freeze

On 04/29/2012 05:51 PM, simple w8 wrote:
> 2012/4/28 Larry Finger<[email protected]>:

>>> In previous message i clarified that the distro uses NetworkManager
>>> NetworkManager (and networkmanager calls wpa_supplicant through dbus).
>>> The distro i use is Mageia, but when i run Ubuntu live cd i found the
>>> same exact problem.
>>>
>>> For what i see compat-wireless file arepart of the kernel, and the
>>> distro already provides the latest kernel available thats version
>>> 3.3.3.
>>

>> I do not like your tone!! If you want help, please watch what you say.
>
> Hu?
> I dont understand why your saying this, seams your in a bad mood but
> thats certainly not my fault...
>
>> For your information, the latest compat-wireless has the wireless code that
>> will be in kernel 3.5. That is the reason I want you to try it.
>
> Anyway in the website you pointed i see this to download:
> http://linuxwireless.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/compat-wireless-2.6.tar.bz2
> but for what i read there this isnt for kernel-2.6 series?

From the web page:

Linux wireless version table

The following is the latest release versions for code taken from linux-next.git
and on compat-wireless.git. This is updated automatically every day. The version
represents the git-describe output.

linux-next.git: <<CurrentLinuxNext>>

compat-wireless.git: <<CurrentCompatVersion: unknown>>

Where to download bleeding edge

You can get bleeding edge compat-wireless here:

compat-wireless-2.6.tar.bz2

This package is updated daily. It reflects the latest on linux-next.git tree.

As it says, it contains the latest wireless code. It will build and run on any
kernel from 2.6.24 to 3.4-rc4.

It was OK to drop the Realtek addresses from this thread. They will ignore it
anyway. I have added the wireless ML as a Cc. Please keep that with all further
communications.

Larry