2012-07-08 22:31:31

by Larry Finger

Subject: Re: b43 does not work on broadcom 43227

On 07/08/2012 04:27 PM, Eloy Anguiano wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> Perhaps this is not a bug because my card is not probed. I have a
> Broadcom 43227 and the wireless does not work at all. I need your driver
> to activate it as a AP, but as far as I know, is imposible at this
> moment. Then I will use Broadcom driver waiting to your next
> developments. I say you because I think that developers need some
> feedback, for free software development.

As you guessed, it is not a bug as support for that device has never been
enabled. I think your device will use bcma just as my BCM43228 does. I have
started developing the patches needed to implement it with b43; however, I have
not gotten very far. Could you please confirm that the the PCI ID is 14e4:4358?
If that is correct, could you also try the attached patch and report the info
that is logged in the dmesg output?

I think that Broadcom will be changing brcmsmac to support these devices, but my
understanding is that they are concentrating on fullmac devices at the moment.

Larry

Attachments:
bcma_enable_43227 (548.00 B)

2012-07-09 08:53:21

by Arend van Spriel

On 07/09/2012 12:31 AM, Larry Finger wrote:
> I think that Broadcom will be changing brcmsmac to support these
> devices, but my understanding is that they are concentrating on fullmac
> devices at the moment.
>
> Larry

That is correct. The bcm43227 is very similar to the bcm43228, the
difference being the supported bands. I have not heard back since I
forwarded your questions on 43228 support in brcmsmac. So for now I can
only say that bcm43227 and bcm43228 will be added in one patch.

Gr. AvS