p2p devices should identify themselves as such to userspace at
startup, so the connection manager can decide which interface
to start wpa_supplicant instances on.
Signed-off-by: Paul Stewart <[email protected]>
Reviewed-by: Bing Zhao <[email protected]>
drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/cfg80211.c | 5 ++---
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/cfg80211.c b/drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/cfg80211.c
index 4701294..8c468c3 100644
@@ -2136,10 +2136,9 @@ struct wireless_dev *mwifiex_add_virtual_intf(struct wiphy *wiphy,
/* At start-up, wpa_supplicant tries to change the interface
* to NL80211_IFTYPE_STATION if it is not managed mode.
- * So, we initialize it to STA mode.
- wdev->iftype = NL80211_IFTYPE_STATION;
- priv->bss_mode = NL80211_IFTYPE_STATION;
+ wdev->iftype = NL80211_IFTYPE_P2P_CLIENT;
+ priv->bss_mode = NL80211_IFTYPE_P2P_CLIENT;
/* Setting bss_type to P2P tells firmware that this interface
* is receiving P2P peers found during find phase and doing