2013-06-21 15:19:56

by George Nychis

Subject: any AR7010+AR9287 cards still sold?

I'm trying to hunt down a USB AR7010+AR9287 combo, which I think is
the only 2-stream ath9k_htc combo (whose firmware is open sourced by
open-ath9k-htc-firmware). I found on the linux-wireless wiki device
list that the TL-WN821Nv3 was of this combo. I gambled and bought a
TL-WN821N on Amazon, but it ended up being a v4 with the ralink
chipset.

Is there any other card out there still sold with the AR7010+AR9287
combo that might not be listed on the wiki page?

Thanks a bunch.

- George

2013-06-21 18:21:37

by Oleksij Rempel

Subject: Re: any AR7010+AR9287 cards still sold?

My personal advise, get WNDA3200 if you can. I purchased 3 of them from
UK. This adapter has soldered UART and was really cheap - about 10€ with
delivery.

Here is my modified WNDA3200
https://plus.google.com/photos?pid=5877115880228052898&oid=102032716864870215256

Am 21.06.2013 19:39, schrieb George Nychis:
> Thanks for the responses! This is helpful. Many of them don't seem to
> be easily available in the US. It looks like my two best bets are the
> Sony UWA-BR100, albeit a bit expensive at $60. The other option seems
> to be hunting down a TL-WN821N v3 on eBay. There are many TL-WN821N
> listed, it might be a matter of finding someone with some v3 models.
> Many of the other cards from that wiki seem to be more available in
> the UK (e.g., WNDA3200 and WLM-20U2). The Xbox 360 adapters, despite
> being AR7010+AR9280 have some sort of custom firmware and are
> therefore not supported by ath9k_htc. I found that out first hand,
> and someone put it on the wiki:
> http://wikidevi.com/wiki/Microsoft_Xbox_360_Wireless_N_Networking_Adapter
>
> If anyone out there has any other suggestions for easily available
> AR7010+AR9280/7 cards in the US, definitely point me in that
> direction. I'll try to see if I can hunt down some TL-WN821Nv3
>
> Thanks!
> George
>
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Arend van Spriel <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On 06/21/13 17:19, George Nychis wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm trying to hunt down a USB AR7010+AR9287 combo, which I think is
>>> the only 2-stream ath9k_htc combo (whose firmware is open sourced by
>>> open-ath9k-htc-firmware). I found on the linux-wireless wiki device
>>> list that the TL-WN821Nv3 was of this combo. I gambled and bought a
>>> TL-WN821N on Amazon, but it ended up being a v4 with the ralink
>>> chipset.
>>>
>>> Is there any other card out there still sold with the AR7010+AR9287
>>> combo that might not be listed on the wiki page?
>>>
>>> Thanks a bunch.
>>

>> Not much hits, but it lists some other devices:
>>
>> http://wikidevi.com/wiki/Special:BrowseData/Wireless_adapter?Chip1_model=AR7010&Chip2_model=AR9287
>>
>> Regards,
>> Arend
>>
>>> - George
>>> --
>>> in
>>> the body of a message to [email protected]
>>> More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Oleksij

2013-06-21 17:39:18

by George Nychis

Thanks for the responses! This is helpful. Many of them don't seem to
be easily available in the US. It looks like my two best bets are the
Sony UWA-BR100, albeit a bit expensive at $60. The other option seems
to be hunting down a TL-WN821N v3 on eBay. There are many TL-WN821N
listed, it might be a matter of finding someone with some v3 models.
Many of the other cards from that wiki seem to be more available in
the UK (e.g., WNDA3200 and WLM-20U2). The Xbox 360 adapters, despite
being AR7010+AR9280 have some sort of custom firmware and are
therefore not supported by ath9k_htc. I found that out first hand,
and someone put it on the wiki:
http://wikidevi.com/wiki/Microsoft_Xbox_360_Wireless_N_Networking_Adapter

If anyone out there has any other suggestions for easily available
AR7010+AR9280/7 cards in the US, definitely point me in that
direction. I'll try to see if I can hunt down some TL-WN821Nv3

Thanks!
George

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Arend van Spriel <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 06/21/13 17:19, George Nychis wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to hunt down a USB AR7010+AR9287 combo, which I think is
>> the only 2-stream ath9k_htc combo (whose firmware is open sourced by
>> open-ath9k-htc-firmware). I found on the linux-wireless wiki device
>> list that the TL-WN821Nv3 was of this combo. I gambled and bought a
>> TL-WN821N on Amazon, but it ended up being a v4 with the ralink
>> chipset.
>>
>> Is there any other card out there still sold with the AR7010+AR9287
>> combo that might not be listed on the wiki page?
>>
>> Thanks a bunch.
>

> Not much hits, but it lists some other devices:
>
> http://wikidevi.com/wiki/Special:BrowseData/Wireless_adapter?Chip1_model=AR7010&Chip2_model=AR9287
>
> Regards,
> Arend
>
>> - George
>> --
>> in
>> the body of a message to [email protected]

by Arend van Spriel