2014-09-12 03:57:49

by Okhwan Lee

Subject: Set channel (freq) and bandwidth (BW) using iw command

Hi,

I have a simple problem (?), but I cannot find any answer in google and wireless.kerner.org.
I use 3.16.1 kernel/backport version with ath10k/QCA9880.

I want to handle freq/BW to test its performance.
When I change center frequency and BW by using iw command, linux reports “command failed: Device or resource busy (-16)” as follows.

$ modprobe ath10k_pci
$ iw wlan0 set channel 36 HT20
command failed: Device or resource busy (-16)
$ iw wlan0 set freq 5180 40 5190
command failed: Device or resource busy (-16)
$ iw wlan0 set freq 5180 80 5210
command failed: Device or resource busy (-16)

Curiously if anyone else has solution for this problem?

Thank you.

--
Okhwan Lee