2018-03-05 08:44:00

by Arend Van Spriel

Subject: debugfs entries in cfg80211

Hi Johannes,

While reworking brcmfmac I stumbled on debugfs code in cfg80211, which
creates the debugfs dir for the wiphy instance. It also creates a couple
of entries, ie. rts and fragmentation threshold and retry limits. How
useful are these as I suspect it is pretty old cruft and iw can obtain
the information as well. Can it be removed.

Regards,
Arend

2018-03-09 08:59:17

by Johannes Berg

Subject: Re: debugfs entries in cfg80211

Hi Arend,

Sorry for the late reply - just returning from Israel now (in fact I'm
on the plane, but it has wifi).

> While reworking brcmfmac I stumbled on debugfs code in cfg80211, which
> creates the debugfs dir for the wiphy instance. It also creates a
> couple of entries, ie. rts and fragmentation threshold and retry
> limits. How useful are these as I suspect it is pretty old cruft and
> iw can obtain the information as well. Can it be removed.

No objection from me to removing them!

johannes