The docs were very sparse with how exactly CMD_ROAM should be
used. Specifically related to BSS information normally obtained
through a user space scan.
Signed-off-by: James Prestwood <[email protected]>
include/uapi/linux/nl80211.h | 3 +++
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+)
diff --git a/include/uapi/linux/nl80211.h b/include/uapi/linux/nl80211.h
index ac78da99fccd..5e30c7f6c484 100644
@@ -655,6 +655,9 @@
* When a security association was established on an 802.1X network using
* fast transition, this event should be followed by an
* %NL80211_CMD_PORT_AUTHORIZED event.
+ * Following a %NL80211_CMD_ROAM event userspace can issue
+ * %NL80211_CMD_GET_SCAN in order to obtain the scan information for the
+ * new BSS the card/driver roamed to.
* @NL80211_CMD_DISCONNECT: drop a given connection; also used to notify
* userspace that a connection was dropped by the AP or due to other
* reasons, for this the %NL80211_ATTR_DISCONNECTED_BY_AP and