- Fixes two sparse warnings - kernel test robot
- Fixes a git rebase/squash error. A mutex_unlock for patch #2 was contained in
patch #3 - Loic
A few functions need to be declared static which were only flagged by the
test robot when the V3 patches hit pending
- get_first_vif - Kernel test robot
- wcn36xx_ipv6_addr_change - Kernel test robot
- wcn36xx_set_rekey_data - Kernel test robot
Missed making this IPV6 only in the previous round
- Fixed an IPV6 optional compliation missed in V3 - Kernel test robot
Feedback from Ben and Loic
- Streamlines the finding of the first associated VIF - Loic Poulain
- Adds Tested-by: Benjamin Li as indicated
I've verified this on Debian with 5.13.x and Android with 4.19.x where
4.19.x contains an appropriate out-of-tree LPM patch, to verify
suspend/resume with offloaded ARP in suspend for ipv4 and ipv6 still works.
- Ifdefs an IPV6 specific function which will not compile unless CONFIG_IPV6
is switched on - Kernel test robot
- Drops work-around for scan in progress
This is not required on a tip of tree kernel - Kalle
- Churn out "this patch" form commit logs - Kalle
- Adds comment about packing structures to commit log patch #8 - Kalle
- Moves enablement of magic-packet and GTK rekey to last patch
This means that the functionality is only switched on when the full
series has been applied - Kalle
This series enables Wake on WLAN for the wcn36xx. Downstream implements two
competing methods for WoWLAN, only one of which is used in practice.
1. The downstream prima driver and firmware have a dedicated wowlan SMD
command set, however for whatever reason, the downstream driver doesn't
actually use that code path for suspend/resume.
Similarly the downstream kernel will mask out the SMD interrupt when
entering into suspend, so its clear the firmware assisted wowlan command
is not used at all.
In short, the code is implemented but not used.
2. The alternative version of wake on wlan implemented downstream does
A. An RXP filter
B. Frimware ipv4 ARP offload
C. Frimware ipv6 namesapece offload
D. GTK replay counter save/update on suspend/resume
This patchset replicates method #2 since it is the only method that
actually works. When replicating the functionality from downstream to
upsteam I found the RXP filter step to be redundant, so I skipped that.
Verified on Android/4.19 with qcom out-of-tree low-power patch on wcn3680.
Verified on Debian/kvalo/master on wcn3680 and wcn3620.
The Debian/upstream test doesn't include the low-power patches from qcom so
the time it takes the system to wake up when pinged is longer.
1. Enable magic packet wakeup on target
iw phy0 wowlan enable magic-packet
iw phy0 wowlan show
2. Flush arp tables on host
sudo ip -s -s neigh flush all
sudo ip -6 -s -s neigh flush all
3. Suspend device
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/clk/debug_suspend
echo mem > /sys/power/state ; cat /sys/kernel/debug/rpm_stats
echo 0 > /sys/module/wcn36xx/parameters/debug_mask
4. Ping either ipv4 or ipv6
ping -6 fe80::6455:44ff:fe33:2211%wlo1
In both cases using Wireshark we see the target system receive an ARP or
NS6 lookup and respond, followed by the host sending a ping or ping6 and
the target system coming out of suspend.
Similarly watching GTK keying on the AP when the device is in suspend, we
see the firmware successfully rekey and when we resume, the host picking up
the rekey material with persistence of the WiFi link during suspend/resume.
commit 5336fad96e8f ("wcn36xx: Enable firmware offloaded keepalive")
ensures that the link is kept alive in suspend, this additional set gives
the ability to
- Resolve ARP/NS6 lookups without waking the system
- Rekeying in suspend
- Suspending and resuming based on received datagram
Bryan O'Donoghue (12):
wcn36xx: Return result of set_power_params in suspend
wcn36xx: Run suspend for the first ieee80211_vif
wcn36xx: Add ipv4 ARP offload support in suspend
wcn36xx: Do not flush indication queue on suspend/resume
wcn36xx: Add ipv6 address tracking
wcn36xx: Add ipv6 namespace offload in suspend
wcn36xx: Add set_rekey_data callback
wcn36xx: Add GTK offload to WoWLAN path
wcn36xx: Add GTK offload info to WoWLAN resume
wcn36xx: Add Host suspend indication support
wcn36xx: Add host resume request support
wcn36xx: Enable WOWLAN flags
drivers/net/wireless/ath/wcn36xx/hal.h | 20 +-
drivers/net/wireless/ath/wcn36xx/main.c | 110 ++++++++-
drivers/net/wireless/ath/wcn36xx/smd.c | 267 +++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/net/wireless/ath/wcn36xx/smd.h | 17 ++
drivers/net/wireless/ath/wcn36xx/wcn36xx.h | 14 ++
5 files changed, 414 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)