2021-09-29 09:57:06

by Will Yang

Subject: rtw8822ce: support for miracast?

(I am really sorry for the duplication of emails, it's just I keep
rejected by the linux-wireless mailing list because of outlook and
HTML email)
Hi tony-emma,

I am using a fedora linux 34 with a RTL8822CE, and this network
controller is hardware capable of running miracast (aka wifi p2p), but
it doesn't seems to have driver support for it.

Is the support for miracast already in the kernel driver? If not, can
it be added?

Thank you!

`iw phy`
Wiphy phy0
Supported interface modes:
* IBSS
* managed
* AP
* AP/VLAN
* monitor
* mesh point

Attached output of `sudo lspci -vv` and `iw phy`

Attachments:
lspcivv.txt (4.12 kB)
iw-phy.txt (7.11 kB)

by Ping-Ke Shih

> (I am really sorry for the duplication of emails, it's just I keep
> rejected by the linux-wireless mailing list because of outlook and
> HTML email)
> Hi tony-emma,
>
> I am using a fedora linux 34 with a RTL8822CE, and this network
> controller is hardware capable of running miracast (aka wifi p2p), but
> it doesn't seems to have driver support for it.
>
> Is the support for miracast already in the kernel driver? If not, can
> it be added?
>
> Thank you!
>
> `iw phy`
> Wiphy phy0
> Supported interface modes:
> * IBSS
> * managed
> * AP
> * AP/VLAN
> * monitor
> * mesh point
>
> Attached output of `sudo lspci -vv` and `iw phy`

Hi,

The rtw88 driver doesn't support P2P yet, but it's possible to make
rtw8822ce support miracast. We'll try fedora linux 34 to see what
we need to add.

--
Ping-Ke

2022-05-06 21:10:44

by Alessandro

Hi. I'd like it to be supported too.

On Windows I am able to cast, but not on Linux. The driver does not
support P2P