2003-06-01 18:33:24

by Maciej Górnicki

Subject: What is wrong with modules in 2.5.69-70 ?

Hi,
What is wrong with modules in 2.5.69-70 generally. Every option I compile
as module does not work because modprobe says on boot "couldn't load module
xxxxx". If I compile it in (*) then works ok. In 2.4.x modules works ok for
me.
I've updated all "boot" programs to versions mentioned in
/Documentation/Changes
Mandrake 9.1

2003-06-01 18:42:23

by Davide Libenzi

Subject: Re: What is wrong with modules in 2.5.69-70 ?

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Gutko wrote:

> What is wrong with modules in 2.5.69-70 generally. Every option I compile
> as module does not work because modprobe says on boot "couldn't load module
> xxxxx". If I compile it in (*) then works ok. In 2.4.x modules works ok for
> me.
> I've updated all "boot" programs to versions mentioned in
> /Documentation/Changes
> Mandrake 9.1

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/modules/module-init-tools-0.9.12.tar.gz

- Davide