2002-07-04 02:18:00

by Matthew D. Pitts

Subject: make dep problem in 2.5.24

Fellow Kernel Hackers,

I am in the middle of a semi-major restucturing of the IA-32( aka i386 )
kernel code and have run into a puzzling problem. When I do a "make dep", it
works until it is time to enter the arch/ia32 directory.

The only changes that I have made at present are directory renames of
arch/i386 and include/asm-i386 to arch/ia32 and include/asm-ia32
modifications to the top-level Makefile and arch/ia32/Makefile to reflect
the arch changes.

I do know of 2 ways to work around it, but was wondering if anyone could
tell me why "make dep" and ONLY "make dep" fails without them.

Matthew D. Pitts