2001-11-12 06:55:46

by Borsenkow Andrej

Subject: STR with APM possible?

I have ASUS CUSL2 motherboard that supports STR (and it works perfectly
under windows). With the same BIOS settings doing apm --suspend almost
suspends - except that power supply fan continues to run, which
indicates, system is not in STR state.

Kernel is Mandrake cooker 2.4.13-4mdk (based on -ac6), but it was true
for all kernels I've tried starting from 2.2.19

ACPI is not included in mandrake kernels.

Is it supported? Anything I can do to debug/fix it?

TIA

-andrej

2001-11-13 21:55:36

by Pavel Machek

Subject: Re: STR with APM possible?

Hi!

> I have ASUS CUSL2 motherboard that supports STR (and it works perfectly
> under windows). With the same BIOS settings doing apm --suspend almost
> suspends - except that power supply fan continues to run, which
> indicates, system is not in STR state.

> Kernel is Mandrake cooker 2.4.13-4mdk (based on -ac6), but it was true
> for all kernels I've tried starting from 2.2.19
>
> ACPI is not included in mandrake kernels.
>
> Is it supported? Anything I can do to debug/fix it?

ACPI does not yet quite support suspend-to-ram. Wait awhile.

by Borsenkow Andrej

> > I have ASUS CUSL2 motherboard that supports STR (and it works
perfectly
> > under windows). With the same BIOS settings doing apm --suspend
almost
> > suspends - except that power supply fan continues to run, which
> > indicates, system is not in STR state.
>
> > Kernel is Mandrake cooker 2.4.13-4mdk (based on -ac6), but it was
true
> > for all kernels I've tried starting from 2.2.19
> >
> > ACPI is not included in mandrake kernels.
> >
> > Is it supported? Anything I can do to debug/fix it?
>
> ACPI does not yet quite support suspend-to-ram. Wait awhile.

I know that ACPI does not yet work. The question was if it possible with
APM. Obviously it works for many notebooks - because I fail to see how
notebook differs in this respect from desktop, I assume it should work
here as well.

Am I missing something?

-andrej

2001-11-14 15:18:10

by Pavel Machek

Hi!

> I know that ACPI does not yet work. The question was if it possible with
> APM. Obviously it works for many notebooks - because I fail to see how
> notebook differs in this respect from desktop, I assume it should work
> here as well.

Yep, it should.
Pavel
--
Casualities in World Trade Center: 6453 dead inside the building,
cryptography in U.S.A. and free speech in Czech Republic.