2000-12-11 22:16:18

by Michael Meding

Subject: aic7xxx version status for 2.4.0test ?

Hi all,

am I right that the aic7xx version in latest test is 5.2.1 ? Is there a
reason why this is not up to date to Doug Ledfords 5.1.31 ?

TIA

With best regards

Michael Meding

2000-12-11 22:23:13

by Justin T. Gibbs

Subject: Re: aic7xxx version status for 2.4.0test ?

>Hi all,
>
>am I right that the aic7xx version in latest test is 5.2.1 ? Is there a
>reason why this is not up to date to Doug Ledfords 5.1.31 ?

My hope is that the Adaptec sponsored driver will eventually
become the driver embedded in 2.4.X kernels. This driver is
currently in Alpha (Beta to be released later today) and can
be found here:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/

I know the site hosting the driver is a little, well, ironic,
for a Linux driver, but there is too much red tape involved
to distribute the driver from Adaptec's own site while it is
still evolving, and FreeBSD.org has excellent connectivity.

--
Justin

2000-12-11 22:36:55

by Michael Meding

Subject: Re: aic7xxx version status for 2.4.0test ? -- ignore last post

Hi all,

sorry, next time I should at least do sanity checks on my own email.

Of course 5.2.1 as in latest-test is newer than 5.1.something.

Just did a quick look in the source and on Dougs site and mixed the version
numbers up. Stupid me!

Greetings,

Michael Meding