2000-12-31 04:11:03

by Michael Meding

Subject: is there something odd in the aic7xxx driver ?

Hi all,

I am experiencing problem with the latest test kernels and my adaptec 2940uw
and one ibm hdd.

Thing is that during times the machine simply reboots without apparent
reasons. Nothing shows up, to my knowledge in /var/log or other places. This
is with the kernel compiled with gcc 2.95.2 on debian woody.

Using Gibbs respectively the adaptec driver I haven't had this behaviour in
weeks, or better to say, not once.

The machine is up 24/7 but not under very high load. The times it failed have
mostly been under more or less heavy i/o like compiling several kernels at a
time.

Are others experiencing similar behaviours ?

Greetings

Michael Meding

System is kt-133 with mga g400, duron800 adaptec 2940uw with latest bios.
Further information upon request.