2002-01-19 15:21:10

by Gniazdowski

Subject: reiserFS undeletion

Hi.

If reiserfs logs all operations on files, then it should be not difficould to
do undeletion of some file ?

Today i did:
mv UnderSusp.txt UnderSusp.avi

so i ask...

Regards Mariusz Gniazdowski

2002-01-19 16:46:02

by Hans Reiser

Subject: Re: reiserFS undeletion

Gniazdowski wrote:

>Hi.
>
>If reiserfs logs all operations on files, then it should be not difficould to
>do undeletion of some file ?
>
>Today i did:
>mv UnderSusp.txt UnderSusp.avi
>
>so i ask...
>

>Regards Mariusz Gniazdowski
>-
>the body of a message to [email protected]

we only log metadata. Running reiserfsck might get your data back
though (or it might not, depending on whether your old data got
overwritten.)

2002-01-19 17:19:09

by Gniazdowski

Dnia sob 19. stycze? 2002 17:41, Hans Reiser wrote:

> we only log metadata.

I know. Butt if i delete some file, it dosnt mean i set zero on sectors on
disk. So imvho all is needet is meta data.

Regards Mariusz Gniazdowski.

2002-01-19 18:52:07

by Martin Eriksson