2002-04-27 19:42:08

by Witold Krecicki

Subject: ext2 fs corruption on 2.5.10

2 machines, 2 partitions:
At first kernel hanged while calling hdparm, after removing hdparm from rc
scripts, it hangs while remounting rootfs read-write. After that, partition
is totally screwed up. All parts (ide, ext2) compiled as modules.
It's reproductible but I'm unable to reproduce it since I'm cutted out from
my Linux partition
WK

2002-04-27 20:35:30

by Andreas Dilger

Subject: Re: ext2 fs corruption on 2.5.10

On Apr 27, 2002 21:41 +0200, Witek Krjcicki wrote:
> At first kernel hanged while calling hdparm, after removing hdparm from rc
> scripts, it hangs while remounting rootfs read-write. After that, partition
> is totally screwed up. All parts (ide, ext2) compiled as modules.
> It's reproductible but I'm unable to reproduce it since I'm cutted out from
> my Linux partition

Sounds like hdparm was trying to set IDE DMA modes to something bad,
and/or you have an IDE chipset problem, and that is the cause of the
corruption.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger