2006-10-25 09:03:47

by Inter filmati

Subject: Kernel 2.6.17 and 2.6.18 SMP (A64 X2 3800)

I compiled succesfully these two kernels on my pc, but I can't boot, it
freezes with a kernel panic.
Firs it shows: powernow-k8 powernow-k8: MP systems not supported by PSB BIOS
(only with 2.6.18, not with 2.6.17)
Then 20 30 lines which I can't read as they appear in a few seconds (anyway
I did a video of these lines at http://napex.altervista.org/kernel.zip )
and they end with a : BAD RIP VALUE
Kernel panic: not syncing

I haven't issue with a non smp kernel
I use a 64bit distro
regards

Flavio
http://www.flapane.com

2006-10-25 10:02:49

by Oleg Verych

Subject: Re: Kernel 2.6.17 and 2.6.18 SMP (A64 X2 3800)

Hallo.

On 2006-10-25, Inter filmati wrote:
> I compiled succesfully these two kernels on my pc, but I can't boot, it
> freezes with a kernel panic.
> Firs it shows: powernow-k8 powernow-k8: MP systems not supported by PSB BIOS
> (only with 2.6.18, not with 2.6.17)
> Then 20 30 lines which I can't read as they appear in a few seconds (anyway
> I did a video of these lines at http://napex.altervista.org/kernel.zip )
> and they end with a : BAD RIP VALUE
> Kernel panic: not syncing

Video maybe helpful and interestin of course, but if you have comiled
*two* kernels, why you did bother reading REPORTING-BUGS in the same
directory, after having bugs ?
____

2006-10-25 11:22:37

by Inter filmati

> Video maybe helpful and interestin of course, but if you have comiled
> *two* kernels, why you did bother reading REPORTING-BUGS in the same
> directory, after having bugs ?
> ____

simply I thought that was the right mailing list, am i wrong?

Flavio
http://www.flapane.com