Subject: How to get Soyo's K7V Dragon + smartcard reader working?

I've ran through a lot of search trying to find out how to get it
working. As you may already know, this smartcard reader comes
'out-of-the-box' with this socket A motherboard.

As long as it comes with a special cable which connects it directly to
the motherboard, i'm not sure which kind of interface (e.g., is it pci,
serial interface?) do i have to configure, or even if it has kernel
support.

Anyone can point me to some useful documentation, resources or whatever?
If there's no kernel support but technical docs, i'll consider to start
developping that device driver.

Thanks in advance,

Alvaro Hernandez

2002-04-06 00:57:34

by Jeremy Jackson

See the MUSCLE project at http://www.linuxnet.com.

The K7V uses the ITE8705F, which does not appear to
be currently supported.

The datasheets and programming guides are freely available for
download from http://www.iteusa.com.

> I've ran through a lot of search trying to find out how to get it
> working. As you may already know, this smartcard reader comes
> 'out-of-the-box' with this socket A motherboard.
>
> As long as it comes with a special cable which connects it directly to
> the motherboard, i'm not sure which kind of interface (e.g., is it pci,
> serial interface?) do i have to configure, or even if it has kernel
> support.
>
> Anyone can point me to some useful documentation, resources or whatever?
> If there's no kernel support but technical docs, i'll consider to start
> developping that device driver.

2002-04-06 22:57:50

by Andre Hedrick

You are not permitted to develop SDA readers, without violating patent
issues. The protocol is psuedo ATA/ATAPI but a mix. Linux can support
them but legally only via some direct access where application/user-space
does the work.

Regards,

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group