2001-12-22 18:51:29

by John Weber

Subject: 2.4.17 OOPS: on Boot loading floppy driver

Anyone else seeing this problem on boot? I apologize for not giving the
full oops, but I'm not sure how to get at the oops since it happens on
boot (and I'm sorry to not have anything to attach to the serial port as
per the oops-tracing.txt).

FDC 0 is an 8272A
Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 0000413d
print eip:
c0106ea6
*pde = 00000000
Oops: 0000
CPU: 0
EIP: 0010:[<c0106ea6>] Not tained
EFLAGS: 00010286

2001-12-22 22:10:34

by James Stevenson

Subject: Re: 2.4.17 OOPS: on Boot loading floppy driver

> Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 0000413d
> print eip:
> c0106ea6
> *pde = 00000000
> Oops: 0000
> CPU: 0
> EIP: 0010:[<c0106ea6>] Not tained

what does the EIP value match in System.map ?
or from the kernel file ?