2002-02-05 00:33:42

by j y

Subject: kernel compile question

HI,

what is the best command to use for kernel options and
do i tell it ot use current options?.
Jim

http://auctions.yahoo.com

2002-02-05 01:05:53

by Matthew D. Pitts

Subject: Re: kernel compile question

Jim,

If you wish to use a later version of the kernel, iti is often better to use
the one that you can get from your Linux Ditrobutions ftp site. for your
particular version.

Matthew D. Pitts
----- Original Message -----
From: "j y" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 7:33 PM

> HI,
>
> what is the best command to use for kernel options and
> do i tell it ot use current options?.
> Jim

by Anthony Kong

Jim,

I wonder if it is a basic question about "how to" configure a kernel or
simply a question about comparion of "make menuconfig" or "make xconfig" or
etc.

If it is the first case, I urge you to read the README file first.
In the later case, it depends if you want to run it in X window or not. To
me, I have used both and found no difference.

Anthony