2005-05-11 13:13:15

by Rodrigo Ramos

Subject: 802.1x support

Hi All,

Does the kernel has support to 802.1x?

Best regards,
--
Rodrigo Ramos

55 81 3463.1593
55 81 8851.3524
http://www.triforsec.com.br
http://www.defenselayer.com
Key fingerprint = F381 366D D233 22B4 7E72 A21D DE9B 2FF3 71CF E098

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2005-05-11 13:26:04

by Alejandro Bonilla

Subject: RE: 802.1x support

|Hi All,
|

|Does the kernel has support to 802.1x?
|

|Best regards,
|--
|Rodrigo Ramos

The kernel has the support of Crypto used, I don't know if you are talking
about wired or wireless.

It has what is needed with AES, TKIP and so on for WPA, I think 1x is
transparent to the kernel and what you really need is the supplicant
software for the authentication. Take a look at wpa_supplicant and
xsupplicant.

You can use EAP, PEAP, LEAP and so on... I believe this is most based on the
driver of the NIC you use, and not that much maybe with the kernel (maybe
some interaction) but so the answer for your question would be. It has
whatever 1x needs.

.Alejandro