2001-04-21 09:15:35

by gis88530

Subject: I can't find out the answer

Hello,

I want to calculate the total memory usage of kernel.
I wonder that we just need to add these(*1) in slabinfo or
we need to add each line(*1 and *2) in slabinfo. Thanks.
AND
I know the size of size-512 is 512 bytes, but I want to know
the size of tcp_tw_bucket, tcp_open_request, etc.
How can I find out this answer? Thanks a lot.

*1
size-131072 0 0
size-65536 0 0
size-32768 0 0
size-16384 11 11
size-8192 1 1
size-4096 8 12
size-2048 153 284
size-1024 20 688
size-512 54 64
size-256 51 70
size-128 396 600
size-64 942 1050
size-32 3964 7245

*2
kmem_cache 30 42
pio_request 0 0
tcp_tw_bucket 5 126
tcp_bind_bucket 45 127
tcp_open_request 0 63
skbuff_head_cache 57 693
sock 94 132
dquot 0 0
filp 1677 1680
signal_queue 0 29
kiobuf 0 0
buffer_head 48636 60396
mm_struct 61 93
vm_area_struct 2081 2835
dentry_cache 18304 19933
files_cache 68 90
uid_cache 10 127
slab_cache 183 189

2001-04-21 15:36:17

by Rik van Riel

Subject: Re: I can't find out the answer

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, gis88530 wrote:

> I want to calculate the total memory usage of kernel.
> I wonder that we just need to add these(*1) in slabinfo or
> we need to add each line(*1 and *2) in slabinfo. Thanks.
> AND
> I know the size of size-512 is 512 bytes, but I want to know
> the size of tcp_tw_bucket, tcp_open_request, etc.
> How can I find out this answer? Thanks a lot.

> size-4096 8 12

1) you want to use only the values from the second column

2) the sizes of the structures you want to know are somewhere
in the kernel header files, grep should be able to find them

regards,

Rik

http://www.surriel.com/
http://www.conectiva.com/ http://distro.conectiva.com.br/