2002-09-30 08:46:16

by Theewara Vorakosit

Subject: Fw: network block device and iscsi

Dear All,
I use Red Hat 7.2. I have unused partition of hard disk in many computer
in my network. I want to combine this space into a big one. I plan to use
network block device, is there any documentation? Where can I download
nbd-server and nbd-client?
What's about iscsi? Can linux act as a iscsi server?
Thanks,
Theewara

2002-09-30 10:31:10

by Steven Whitehouse

Subject: Re: Fw: network block device and iscsi

Hi,

The network block device userland code is on sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nbd/

There isn't much documentation, but feel free to send questions in my
direction. I don't know the answers to your iscsi query though but I'd
be interested to know what the current state of development is as well,

Steve.