2001-10-28 11:58:47

by peter k.

Subject: Is Promise FastTrak 100 RAID1 + Linux now possible? (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID_PDC)

well, promise still didnt release any decent drivers but i saw "Support for
IDE Raid controllers" (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID) and "Support Promise software
RAID (Fasttrak(tm))" (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID_PDC) appearing in 2.4.1x (where
x>10 and x<13 i think) recently.....but they are still undocumented of
course...so could anyone please give me information on them? do they make
fasttrak 100 raid1 possible?

2001-10-28 12:07:08

by Arjan van de Ven

In article <007f01c15fa7$e8d784a0$0100005a@host1> you wrote:
> well, promise still didnt release any decent drivers but i saw "Support for
> IDE Raid controllers" (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID) and "Support Promise software
> RAID (Fasttrak(tm))" (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID_PDC) appearing in 2.4.1x (where
> x>10 and x<13 i think) recently.....but they are still undocumented of
> course...so could anyone please give me information on them? do they make
> fasttrak 100 raid1 possible?

RAID1 is very experimental and not complete; RAID0 is working pretty well.
See http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/pdcraid for more info