2001-11-15 11:43:29

by Marco Schwarz

Subject: How to set speed for EEPro100 ?

Hi,

I am having some problems with my EEPro 100 card.
Seems like my dual speed hub doesnt like it when some
of the cards are 10 MB and some others are 100 ....

How can I force the card to use 10 MB instead of 100MB
or auto detect ? I am using the driver included in
kernel 2.4.9, and I couldnt find any infos on how to
do this ...

Thanks in advance

Marco Schwarz

Ihre E-Mail noch individueller? - http://domains.yahoo.de

2001-11-15 11:53:09

by Michael Rozhavsky

Subject: Re: How to set speed for EEPro100 ?

Hi,

If you use default eepro100.o module supplied with Linux kernel then
you have two options:
- add 'options eepro100 options=0x10' to your conf.modules
- use mii-diag program to change the speed/duplex of the card

If you use Intel driver called e100 then add the following line
to your conf.modules file

'options e100 e100_speed_duplex=2'

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 12:43:01PM +0100, Marco Schwarz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having some problems with my EEPro 100 card.
> Seems like my dual speed hub doesnt like it when some
> of the cards are 10 MB and some others are 100 ....
>
> How can I force the card to use 10 MB instead of 100MB
> or auto detect ? I am using the driver included in
> kernel 2.4.9, and I couldnt find any infos on how to
> do this ...
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Marco Schwarz

Best regards.

--
Michael Rozhavsky Tel: +972-4-9936248
[email protected] Fax: +972-4-9890564

2001-11-15 11:59:51

by Alvaro Lopes

Hi

Use a simple tool called mii-diag
Download it at http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html

On Qui, 2001-11-15 at 11:43, Marco Schwarz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having some problems with my EEPro 100 card.
> Seems like my dual speed hub doesnt like it when some
> of the cards are 10 MB and some others are 100 ....
>
> How can I force the card to use 10 MB instead of 100MB
> or auto detect ? I am using the driver included in
> kernel 2.4.9, and I couldnt find any infos on how to
> do this ...
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Marco Schwarz

by Calin A. Culianu

Have you tried ifconfig? If your driver supports overriding the media
type, then ifconfig should work. However last I recall the eepro100
driver didn't support such a feat...