2001-12-12 08:48:27

by John Huttley

Subject: [2.4.16 bug] Major failure

Reprise; This is a system with a TNT2 video card,scsi and 2 cpus.
It locks up with acpi on, when switching vc's.(as described on lkml)

I have now established that no problem occurs when compiled as UP system.
This is true if acpi is modules or compiled in.

Trying a different compiler isn't feasible for me.

Any other ideas?

Regards

John

2001-12-12 18:31:22

by Marcelo Tosatti

Subject: Re: [2.4.16 bug] Major failure

On 12 Dec 2001, John Huttley wrote:

> Reprise; This is a system with a TNT2 video card,scsi and 2 cpus.
> It locks up with acpi on, when switching vc's.(as described on lkml)
>
> I have now established that no problem occurs when compiled as UP system.
> This is true if acpi is modules or compiled in.
>

> Trying a different compiler isn't feasible for me.

A have an ACPI update pending for 2.4.18pre1: It may fix your problem.

Andrew?

2001-12-12 18:50:26

by Andrew Grover

John sent me a bunch of info for diagnosis purposes (thanks btw) - I'm still
examining it. My guess is that the update I sent you will not spontaneously
fix this problem, but we're working on a fix.

Regards -- Andy