2001-12-26 22:34:55

by Marcelo Tosatti

Subject: Vacation

Hi,

I'm going out on vacation (beach, weee) tomorrow (Thursday), and I'll
return around Jan 4.

Unfortunately there will be no Internet connection at the place I'll stay, sorry.

Happy new year for all of you!

2001-12-26 22:40:15

by Rik van Riel

Subject: Re: Vacation

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> I'm going out on vacation (beach, weee) tomorrow (Thursday), and I'll
> return around Jan 4.
>
> Unfortunately there will be no Internet connection at the place I'll
> stay, sorry.

ITYM "fortunately".

Nothing is as good for relaxing (and hacking) as being
away from the internet for a week or so ;)

Rik
--
Shortwave goes a long way: irc.starchat.net #swl

by Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo

Em Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 08:39:48PM -0200, Rik van Riel escreveu:
> On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
>
> > I'm going out on vacation (beach, weee) tomorrow (Thursday), and I'll
> > return around Jan 4.
> >
> > Unfortunately there will be no Internet connection at the place I'll
> > stay, sorry.
>
> ITYM "fortunately".
>
> Nothing is as good for relaxing (and hacking) as being
> away from the internet for a week or so ;)

Yeah, he came to me and said: save my life, get a Conectiva notebook for me
to use while on the beach! ;)

- Arnaldo

2001-12-26 23:02:25

by Steve Bergman

On Wed, 2001-12-26 at 15:20, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> I'm going out on vacation (beach, weee) tomorrow (Thursday), and I'll
> return around Jan 4.
>
> Unfortunately there will be no Internet connection at the place I'll stay, sorry.

Hmmm. I guess someone should email MS informing them that the stable
Linux kernel is currently unmaintained. That way they can add it to
their "Dispelling the Linux Hype" web page.

Just kidding, of course... ;-)

Enjoy your vacation, Marcelo! :-)

-Steve Bergman

2001-12-27 00:18:24

by Rick Stevens

Steve Bergman wrote:

> On Wed, 2001-12-26 at 15:20, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
>

>>I'm going out on vacation (beach, weee) tomorrow (Thursday), and I'll
>>return around Jan 4.
>>
>>Unfortunately there will be no Internet connection at the place I'll stay, sorry.
>>

> Hmmm. I guess someone should email MS informing them that the stable
> Linux kernel is currently unmaintained. That way they can add it to
> their "Dispelling the Linux Hype" web page.
>
> Just kidding, of course... ;-)
>
> Enjoy your vacation, Marcelo! :-)

Don't give the Redmond guys ideas! Sheesh! For that, we will pelt you
with an entire set of Windows for Workgroups floppies! Ouch!

- Rick Stevens, SSE, VitalStream, Inc. [email protected] -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice) http://www.vitalstream.com -
- -
- Heisenberg _may_ have slept here -

by Stephen Williams

LOL, no doubt. Have a good, well deserved vacation Marcelo.

Sincerely,
A lurker of the list that doesn't know how to program and is amazed and the
mind power here.

> On Wed, 2001-12-26 at 15:20, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
>

>>I'm going out on vacation (beach, weee) tomorrow (Thursday), and I'll
>>return around Jan 4.
>>
>>Unfortunately there will be no Internet connection at the place I'll stay,
sorry.

> Hmmm. I guess someone should email MS informing them that the stable
> Linux kernel is currently unmaintained. That way they can add it to
> their "Dispelling the Linux Hype" web page.
>
> Just kidding, of course... ;-)
>
> Enjoy your vacation, Marcelo! :-)

Don't give the Redmond guys ideas! Sheesh! For that, we will pelt you
with an entire set of Windows for Workgroups floppies! Ouch!

- Rick Stevens, SSE, VitalStream, Inc. [email protected] -
- 949-743-2010 (Voice) http://www.vitalstream.com -
- -
- Heisenberg _may_ have slept here -

toss a couple my way, I am running out of coffee mug coasters... :)