2002-02-15 04:27:25

by Aaron Smith

Subject: OT: people sending shit to lkml

I'm going to be forced to fuck someone up if they don't quit subscribing
LKML to all kinds of shit and trying to force it into random loops.

If anyone has ideas concerning this, let's get a thread going.

--
--Aaron

"Afghanistan proved that expensive precision weapons save innocent lives, and we need more of them."

--George W. Bush
2002 State of the Union Address

2002-02-15 04:31:45

by William Lee Irwin III

Subject: Re: OT: people sending shit to lkml

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 10:26:34PM -0600, Aaron Smith wrote:
> I'm going to be forced to fuck someone up if they don't quit subscribing
> LKML to all kinds of shit and trying to force it into random loops.
> If anyone has ideas concerning this, let's get a thread going.

These ploys are obvious enough I can't believe the admins aren't
already aware of it. I imagine if help were needed, they'd ask for it.

So why don't we stay on-topic and let the signal:noise ratio rise a
little above the usual for a change, okay?

Cheers,
Bill

2002-02-15 04:54:54

by Jeffrey H. Ingber

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 23:26, Aaron Smith wrote:
> I'm going to be forced to fuck someone up if they don't quit subscribing
> LKML to all kinds of shit and trying to force it into random loops.
>
> If anyone has ideas concerning this, let's get a thread going.
>
> --
> --Aaron
>
> "Afghanistan proved that expensive precision weapons save innocent lives, and we need more of them."
>
> --George W. Bush
> 2002 State of the Union Address
> -

by Matthew Johnson

On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 20:30, Jeffrey H. Ingber wrote:
> Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Oh dear...Here we go. I'd swear someone could make good money out of
selling "I got flamed on the Linux Kernel Mailing list and survived"
T-shirts.

Matt

> On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 23:26, Aaron Smith wrote:
> > I'm going to be forced to fuck someone up if they don't quit subscribing
> > LKML to all kinds of shit and trying to force it into random loops.
> >
> > If anyone has ideas concerning this, let's get a thread going.
> >
> > --
> > --Aaron
> >
> > "Afghanistan proved that expensive precision weapons save innocent lives, and we need more of them."
> >
> > --George W. Bush
> > 2002 State of the Union Address
> > -
> > the body of a message to [email protected]
>

> -

by Reid Hekman

On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 22:59, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 20:30, Jeffrey H. Ingber wrote:
> > Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
> >

> Oh dear...Here we go. I'd swear someone could make good money out of
> selling "I got flamed on the Linux Kernel Mailing list and survived"
> T-shirts.

LOL. Or how about, "I got flamed on the Linux Kernel Mailing list and
all I got was this lousy T-shirt." They could go on the rack right next
to, "I'm with Stupid ->" (and maybe say "Read the FAQ at
http://www.tux.org/lkml/" on the back) :-)

by Matti Aarnio

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 08:31:09PM -0800, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 10:26:34PM -0600, Aaron Smith wrote:
> > I'm going to be forced to fuck someone up if they don't quit subscribing
> > LKML to all kinds of shit and trying to force it into random loops.
> > If anyone has ideas concerning this, let's get a thread going.
>
> These ploys are obvious enough I can't believe the admins aren't
> already aware of it. I imagine if help were needed, they'd ask for it.

We definitely are aware. I even told the list a week or
two ago that this is going to happen more and more.

Those are now coming thru to the list because I decided to
let even lines looking like majordomo commands to get thru.
Perhaps I could block AUTH lines.

This was done because several messages per week got rejected
when they contained lines smelling too much like Majordomo
commands.

> So why don't we stay on-topic and let the signal:noise ratio rise a
> little above the usual for a change, okay?
>
> Cheers,
> Bill

/Matti Aarnio

2002-02-15 14:46:18

by Alan

> I'm going to be forced to fuck someone up if they don't quit subscribing
> LKML to all kinds of shit and trying to force it into random loops.

What a helpful useful attitude. On the other hand I forwarded the dalnet
one to their abuse people and got a helpful answer so that should be
dealt with.