2002-04-29 08:30:08

by Soeren Sonnenburg

Subject: getting a programs ENV via ptrace ?

Hi...

I am looking for a way of getting the environment variables of a running
process.

Is this possible by using the ptrace interface somehow ?

Thanks for any suggestions / pointers are welcome !

Soeren.

2002-04-29 08:37:35

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: Re: getting a programs ENV via ptrace ?

> Hi... I am looking for a way of getting the environment
> variables of a running process.

cat /proc/<pid>/environ | tr '\0' '\n'

Cheers,
Trond

2002-04-29 08:38:16

by Russell King

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 10:25:55AM +0200, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> I am looking for a way of getting the environment variables of a running
> process.

/proc/<pid>/environ

--
Russell King ([email protected]) The developer of ARM Linux

by Chris Wright

* Soeren Sonnenburg ([email protected]) wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I am looking for a way of getting the environment variables of a running
> process.
>
> Is this possible by using the ptrace interface somehow ?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions / pointers are welcome !

What about just using /proc/[pid]/environ?

cheers,
-chris

2002-04-29 10:32:50

by Alan

> I am looking for a way of getting the environment variables of a running
> process.
> Is this possible by using the ptrace interface somehow ?

Take a look at the code to ps

2002-04-29 19:18:32

by Marco Schwarz

Subject: Kernel 2.4.x and ASUS A7M266-D

Hi,

I am about to build a new server and I am looking at a suitable mainboard. I
was about to choose the ASUS A7M266-D when I was reading on Alan's page that
he had some fun with this board and now I'm not sure if it will be stable
enough in the current state.

Does anybody have some experiences with this board, good or bad ? And will I
get a stable system with it ?

Thanks a lot,

Marco

2002-04-29 19:33:21

by Nicolae P. Costescu

Subject: Re: Kernel 2.4.x and ASUS A7M266-D

We're having good luck with the Tyan 2466N-4M boards and dual athlon MPs.
Someone else has posted that they're running fine with the asus board you
mention as well.

At 09:18 PM 4/29/2002 +0200, Marco Schwarz wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am about to build a new server and I am looking at a suitable mainboard. I
>was about to choose the ASUS A7M266-D when I was reading on Alan's page that
>he had some fun with this board and now I'm not sure if it will be stable
>enough in the current state.
>
>Does anybody have some experiences with this board, good or bad ? And will I
>get a stable system with it ?
>
>Thanks a lot,
>
>Marco
>
>-
>the body of a message to [email protected]

Nicolae P. Costescu, Ph.D. / Senior Developer
Stronghold Technologies
46040 Center Oak Plaza, Suite 160 / Sterling, Va 20166
Tel: 571-434-1472 / Fax: 571-434-1478

2002-04-30 01:27:31

by David Shirley

Marco,

We are using 2.4.18 with that board and it works fine.

Just have to choose MPS1.1 in the BIOS...

Dave

At 03:18 AM 30/04/2002, Marco Schwarz wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am about to build a new server and I am looking at a suitable mainboard. I
>was about to choose the ASUS A7M266-D when I was reading on Alan's page that
>he had some fun with this board and now I'm not sure if it will be stable
>enough in the current state.
>
>Does anybody have some experiences with this board, good or bad ? And will I
>get a stable system with it ?
>
>Thanks a lot,
>
>Marco
>
>-
>the body of a message to [email protected]

/-----------------------------------
David Shirley
System's Administrator
Computer Science - Curtin University
(08) 9266 2986

2002-04-30 23:35:17

by Alan

> We are using 2.4.18 with that board and it works fine.
> Just have to choose MPS1.1 in the BIOS...

Ditto.

I had great pain with the bios, and the manual but the board itself is
really nice and I'm very happy with that part of it.