2002-04-25 15:42:59

by Richard Russon

Subject: [ANNOUNCE] LDM 0.0.6 (Windows Dynamic Disks)

Hi All,

I've just released v0.0.6 of Linux-LDM which supports Windows Dynamic
Disks. Windows 2000 and XP have new partition scheme to support their
dynamic volumes.

The source can be downloaded from the project page:

http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

This version should be pretty solid, but if you experience any problems,
please let me know. If there are no reports, I'll consider replacing
the old driver (2.4.10+) with this one.

Cheers,
FlatCap (Rich)
[email protected]

WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net
IRC: #ntfs on irc.openprojects.net

2002-04-30 09:55:13

by Richard Russon

Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] LDM 0.0.6 (Windows Dynamic Disks)

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the slow reply, I made the announcement and went on holiday.

> It it in any way possible that by using the Linux-LDM patch be able to
> convert dynamic disks to basic disks?

The LDM patch just allows the kernel to understand Windows new
partitioning. Without it you'll just see one BIG partition of type
0x42.

If you only have simple disks on a dynamic disk, then it shouldn't be
too hard to convert a dynamic disk back to a basic disk. We don't
have a tool to do this yet.