2002-07-23 09:55:49

by Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

Subject: Separate 2.4 and 2.5 lkml?

hi all

How would it be to separate the 2.4 and 2.5 (or just stable and devel) lists?
I'm currently one of those most interested in 2.4, as I don't do much kernel
hacking.

What do you all think of this?

thanks

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester

Computers are like air conditioners.

by Christian Neumair

Subject: Re: Separate 2.4 and 2.5 lkml?

Am Die, 2002-07-23 um 11.59 schrieb Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk:
> hi all
>
> How would it be to separate the 2.4 and 2.5 (or just stable and devel) lists?
> I'm currently one of those most interested in 2.4, as I don't do much kernel
> hacking.
This isn't a good idea as there are many issues affecting both kernel
series and some people looking for support wouldn't even know where to
ask their questions.
In Addition, some right issues (e.g. copyright violations) are discussed
here not regarding kernel development directly.

If you want a more compact overview just have a look at kernel
traffic[1]

see you,
Chris

[1]: http://kt.linuxcare.com/kernel-traffic/index.epl