2002-07-25 20:50:37

by Austin Gonyou

Subject: 2.4.19-rc3-aa1 and FB Console

Is the FBCON section just broke on that? I chose fbconsole, and also
resolution selection, but there was nothing else. Usually I'm faced with
type of device, and such, but nothing at all in that one. Is something
borked there?

TIA
--
Austin Gonyou <[email protected]>

2002-07-27 07:29:01

by Austin Gonyou

Subject: Re: 2.4.19-rc3-aa1 and FB Console

Let me clarify a bit further. When creating the kernel tree in the
following manner:

1. untar 2.4.18
2. apply 2.4.19-rc3 patch
3. apply 2.4.19-rc3-aa(1|2) patch
4. make menuconfig | xconfig

I only have the following available under "Console Drivers":
<> VGA text console
<> Video mode selection support

It used to be when selecting "Video mode selection support" that many
more items were then available, like the support for resolutions, font
types, etc. I don't see that in rc3, but did in rc2.

Please advise, I really wanna try rc3, but can't get past this one thing
TIA.

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 15:53, Austin Gonyou wrote:
> Is the FBCON section just broke on that? I chose fbconsole, and also
> resolution selection, but there was nothing else. Usually I'm faced with
> type of device, and such, but nothing at all in that one. Is something
> borked there?
>
> TIA
> --
> Austin Gonyou <[email protected]>
> -
Austin Gonyou <[email protected]>

2002-07-27 07:32:00

by Austin Gonyou

Woops. I figured it out. I'm just dumb. I have to select experimental to
see the selections I'm looking for. Sorry for the bandwidth. I didn't
notice this being the case in RC1 and RC2.

--
Austin Gonyou <[email protected]>