2002-07-27 20:21:58

by Austin Gonyou

Subject: Dell hardware sensors.

I was curious if there were any Dell server hardware sensor patches, for
things such as power supply failures, fan outages, etc. Specifically
anything available for the 6650 and such newer type series servers.

TIA.
--
Austin Gonyou <[email protected]>

2002-07-27 21:32:00

by Matt Domsch

Subject: RE: Dell hardware sensors.

> I was curious if there were any Dell server hardware sensor
> patches, for
> things such as power supply failures, fan outages, etc. Specifically
> anything available for the 6650 and such newer type series servers.

Dell provides our OpenManage Server Administrator software which does this.
http://www.dell.com/openmanage/ has the marketing info.

OMSA version 1.1.0 is the latest released, and is available on
support.dell.com (this URL requires cookies - you can search for R43374 on
support.dell.com and find it too).
http://support.dell.com/us/en/filelib/download/index.asp?fileid=R43374

You'll probably find our public mailing list [email protected]
(subscribe, read archvies at http://lists.us.dell.com) helpful.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Dell Linux Solutions http://www.dell.com/linux
#1 US Linux Server provider for 2001 and Q1/2002! (IDC May 2002)

2002-07-28 15:55:13

by Austin Gonyou

NP. Thanks much. I could remember if that did that or not, was kind of a
passing question to me, so it wasn't on the top of my list.:)