2002-08-17 09:01:04

by Alastair Stevens

Subject: Re: Linux 2.4.20-pre3 (Athlon prefetch dibbles)

Marcelo, Alan

Since the "hacky" Athlon/AGP fix has now been removed again, what's the
status of the "clean" fix? And while I'm at it, did the hacky one cause
any specific problems?

For me, the hacky one _seemed_ to work, in that my machine survives a
lot longer with or without the blasted nVidia driver. It might be
imagination / coincidence, but it would be really nice to see this issue
fixed once and for all....

Cheers
Alastair

_____________________________ o
Alastair Stevens \ /-'_
Newport : Essex : UK \ . |\/(*) /\__
\__ . .(*) ___/ \______
http://www.altruxsolutions.co.uk \_________/ \_________

2002-08-17 19:27:13

by Alan

On Sat, 2002-08-17 at 10:04, Alastair Stevens wrote:
> Since the "hacky" Athlon/AGP fix has now been removed again, what's the
> status of the "clean" fix? And while I'm at it, did the hacky one cause
> any specific problems?

-ac has it removed. I didn't know Marcelo had it removed. Andi Kleen has
a patch for doing most of the right things without trashing performance.
That may be what Marcelo merged. It fixed AGP but not O_SYNC mmap I
believe