2002-10-03 11:25:28

by Stephane Wirtel

Subject: problem with cpufreq

hi !

i have a problem with my computer,
on the description of my CPU, it's a Pentium 3 Coppermine 650Mhz,
when i do a "cat /proc/cpuinfo", the frequence is not 650, but 333Mhz.
this computer is a portable Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300
could you help me ?

thanks,

Best regards,

Stephane Wirtel

--
Stephane Wirtel <[email protected]>
Web : http://www.linux-mons.be "Linux Is Not UniX !!!"

2002-10-03 12:04:32

by Dumitru Ciobarcianu

Subject: Re: problem with cpufreq

Hello,

Check your bios setup about CPU speed.
I am using right now an Sattelite Pro 4300.

And I don't think this model is supported by cpufreq
(it has an 440BX Chipset)

//Cioby

On Jo, 2002-10-03 at 14:29, Stephane Wirtel wrote:
> hi !
>
> i have a problem with my computer,
> on the description of my CPU, it's a Pentium 3 Coppermine 650Mhz,
> when i do a "cat /proc/cpuinfo", the frequence is not 650, but 333Mhz.
> this computer is a portable Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300
> could you help me ?
>
> thanks,
>
> Best regards,
>

> Stephane Wirtel
>
> --
> Stephane Wirtel <[email protected]>
> Web : http://www.linux-mons.be "Linux Is Not UniX !!!"
> OS3B : Club OpenSoftware Carolo : http://www.os3b.org
> -

by Stephane Wirtel

thanks for your information, now the frequence is 650Mhz,

still thanks you.

best regards,

Stephane Wirtel