2002-10-03 19:02:31

by lee leahu

Subject: XFS and 2.4.19

What is the recommended way of add XFS filesystem support to the 2.4.19 kernel?

2002-10-03 20:23:43

by Joe Kellner

Subject: Re: XFS and 2.4.19

Sgi's cvs tree, or apply one of Andrea's patches (the -aa branch) are the two
ways I know of to get XFS support. As to which one is *recommended*, I don't know.

Quoting Lee Leahu <[email protected]>:

> What is the recommended way of add XFS filesystem support to the 2.4.19
> kernel?
> -

sent via KingsMeade secure webmail http://www.kingsmeadefarm.com

2002-10-03 21:10:32

by Joe Kellner

I've been slacking on my following of things lately..What exactly is rmap? is it
related to XFS?

Thanks,
-Joe

Quoting Shawn Starr <[email protected]>:

> You could try my patchse which contains XFS-CVS and rmap support.
>
> you can get them at http://xfs.sh0n.net/2.4/stable
>
> (site is currently down).

sent via KingsMeade secure webmail http://www.kingsmeadefarm.com

2002-10-03 21:18:13

by Shawn Starr

Rmap is the newer VM that Rik van Riel and William Lee Irwin III and
others have worked on. Rmap (most of it) is in the 2.5 development kernel.

It speeds up XFS's preformance greatly from the tests I've done.

Shawn.

--
Shawn Starr, sh0n.net, <[email protected]>
Maintainer: -shawn kernel patches: http://xfs.sh0n.net/2.4/