2002-10-21 16:32:40

by Steven French

Subject: Stress testing cifs filesystem

After struggling with setting up LSB to test
remote mounts for a while, I checked
with the LSB team on Andi's suggestion below of
using the POSIX file API section of LSB on a
network mount. They indicated that it won't
work without modifications to the LSB source,
(I had been trying to do it via just changing
the config files) something I will eventually
have to look into.

>Run the LSB test suite on it. It includes most of
>the old POSIX/Single Unix test suites, which test
>quite a lot of things and tends to find obscure
>bugs in kernels and file systemRun the LSB test suite on it. It includes
most of the old POSIX/Single Unix
Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: [email protected]

2002-10-21 20:27:35

by Paul Larson

Subject: Re: Stress testing cifs filesystem

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 11:38, Steven French wrote:
> After struggling with setting up LSB to test
> remote mounts for a while, I checked
> with the LSB team on Andi's suggestion below of
> using the POSIX file API section of LSB on a
> network mount. They indicated that it won't
> work without modifications to the LSB source,
> (I had been trying to do it via just changing
> the config files) something I will eventually
> have to look into.
Have you tried LTP? We have several fs stress type tests in LTP and with
the (somewhat) new changes to the scripts, it's easier to specify where
the tests create their temporary directories:
'runalltests -d /mnt/cifstest'

Thanks,
Paul Larson