2002-10-24 09:04:37

by Doruk Fisek

Subject: bcm5700

Hi,

Where can I get the latest kernel patch for BCM5700 ethernet adapter?

I have the BCM5700-2.2.8 patch for kernel 2.4.18 but I couldn't find one for
2.4.19 nor for the latest prereleases of 2.4.20.

What is the migration status of the driver to the standart kernel
tree?

Thanks in advance.

Doruk

--
FISEK INSTITUTE - http://www.fisek.org

2002-10-24 09:54:36

by David S. Miller

Subject: Re: bcm5700

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 02:06, Doruk Fisek wrote:
> What is the migration status of the driver to the standart kernel
> tree?

We already have a driver for the broadcom bcm570X chips, it's
called tg3. Enable CONFIG_TIGON3 in your config and you'll
be ready to go.

2002-10-24 14:44:46

by Jeff Garzik

Doruk Fisek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where can I get the latest kernel patch for BCM5700 ethernet adapter?
>
> I have the BCM5700-2.2.8 patch for kernel 2.4.18 but I couldn't find one for
> 2.4.19 nor for the latest prereleases of 2.4.20.

To add to what David said, I would not advise using this driver. It
continues to have bugs (BroadCom is amusing enough to add new ones
even), and doesn't support all the Linux kernel NIC driver standards.

"tg3" is the way to go :)

Jeff