2002-12-01 03:00:54

by Tristan O'Tierney

Subject: APM issues

Hi,
The command apm -s works flawless for me in kernel 2.4.19, however in
kernel 2.4.20 my laptop fails to awaken after that command. Even worse
in kernel 2.5.x apm completely fails to load. Why is it getting
progressively worse?

- Tristan O'Tierney

2002-12-01 12:14:45

by Thomas Hood

Subject: Re: APM issues

"Tristan O'Tierney" wrote:
> in kernel 2.4.20 my laptop fails to awaken after
> that command [apm -s].

There are changes to arch/i386/kernel/apm.c in
2.4.20, but they mainly concern support for SMP.

Did you upgrade XFree86 recently?
Does resume work if you suspend with X not running?
What exactly happens when you request a resume? Do
you see anything in the log?

What laptop model do you have?
What distro are you using?

> Even worse in kernel 2.5.x apm completely fails to load.

Are you trying to load apm as a module? Perhaps you
should wait for the 2.5 module loading code to settle down.
Then write again and provide more details of the problem.

> Why is it getting progressively worse?

Because Linux 2.5 is a development kernel.

--
Thomas Hood <[email protected]>