2002-12-06 15:18:12

by Jurgen Kramer

Subject: [2.4.20] Problems with yenta PCMCIA socket (worked with 2.4.19)

Hi,

Today I tried various versions of the 2.4.20 kernel but all had
trouble with my PCMCIA controller in my mobile mini-note PC. It has
a Ricoh RL5C476 II (rev 88) according to lspci. With 2.4.20 it gives
my "Resource unavailable" messages when a plug in my hermes/orinoco
based wireless lan card. There hasn't been any changes in the PCMCIA
code between 2.4.19 and 2.4.20. What can be the problem? ACPI related?

If you need more info let me know.

Cheers,

Jurgen

2002-12-06 18:04:37

by Manfred Spraul

> With 2.4.20 it gives
> my "Resource unavailable" messages when a plug in my hermes/orinoco
> based wireless lan card. There hasn't been any changes in the PCMCIA
> code between 2.4.19 and 2.4.20. What can be the problem? ACPI related?

Which chipset?

Could you post the dmesg log, /proc/ioports, /proc/iomem and lspci -v?

Perhaps it's a problem with the transparent bridge detection.

--
Manfred