2002-12-11 05:01:15

by Con Kolivas

Subject: Re: Problem with mm1 patch for 2.5.51

Aniruddha M Marathe said:
>EXT3-fs error (device ide0(3,6)) in ext3_delete_inode: Journal has aborted
etc..

I suspect I suffered a similar fate with the osdl test box. While I was away
letting it run a benchmark in smp mode the filesystem had remounted read only. I
tried rebooting to make some sense of what had happened but was unable to start
the machine with any kernel. I've asked the osdl people to have a look at the
box for me.

Previously a run in uniprocessor mode ran flawlessly.

Con

2002-12-11 05:30:58

by Robert Love

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 00:08, Con Kolivas wrote:

> I suspect I suffered a similar fate with the osdl test box. While I was away
> letting it run a benchmark in smp mode the filesystem had remounted read only. I
> tried rebooting to make some sense of what had happened but was unable to start
> the machine with any kernel. I've asked the osdl people to have a look at the
> box for me.
>
> Previously a run in uniprocessor mode ran flawlessly.

This looks like a fix to the ext3 bug I posted last week, which was on
UP.

It comes and goes... I am in 2.5-mm with no problems now, but it was
killing me last week. *shrug*

Here's to hoping this fixes it...

Robert Love