2003-01-03 11:39:06

by Jules Kongslie

Subject: ACPI Problem, 2.5.5x

I've been having a problem with the ACPI system on newer kernels. This
happens with 2.5.54, .53, .51, and .50. I haven't checked older 2.5
series. 2.4.19 does not have this problem.

When the system starts up, ACPI tables are found, but not fully parsed.
This leaves me in a state where /proc/battery, etc. are empty
directories - makes it hard to tell how long I have left ;-)

This is an IBM Thinkpad a30p Laptop (that's a single Pentium 3, 684 megs
of RAM, one battery, one thermal sensor, one ac adaptor, two case
buttons, one internal fan). Attached is my 2.5.54 .config, as well as
the relevant sections of dmesg.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

--

-Jules Kongslie
<[email protected]>

Attachments: