2003-01-22 01:39:29

by Stanley Yee

Subject: Zero copy in 2.4 kernels

Is the zero copy function enabled by default in the 2.4.X kernels? If so
which kernel version and what do I need to do to enable it? Thanks for your
time.

Only me,
Stanley Yee

2003-01-22 10:03:06

by Marc-Christian Petersen

Subject: Re: Zero copy in 2.4 kernels

On Wednesday 22 January 2003 02:48, Stanley Yee wrote:

Hi Stanley,

> Is the zero copy function enabled by default in the 2.4.X kernels? If so
> which kernel version and what do I need to do to enable it? Thanks for
> your time.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=104121076420067&w=2

_READ_ the thread before deciding to apply/not apply the patch. :)

ciao, Marc

2003-01-23 09:04:59

by Gianni Tedesco

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 01:48, Stanley Yee wrote:
> Is the zero copy function enabled by default in the 2.4.X kernels? If so
> which kernel version and what do I need to do to enable it? Thanks for your
> time.

sendfile(2) does zero-copy writes from files to sockets, works on any
version of 2.4 AFAIK.

HTH

--
// Gianni Tedesco (gianni at scaramanga dot co dot uk)
lynx --source http://www.scaramanga.co.uk/gianni-at-ecsc.asc | gpg --import

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part