2003-02-02 14:26:30

by Gianni Tedesco

Subject: AGP aperture is 16MB @ 0x0

Hi,

I have a problem getting agpgart/drm to work on my TiBook, I have
tracked the problem down to that suspect looking message.

agpgart: AGP aperture is 16MB @ 0x00
[drm] AGP 0.99 on Unkiwn @ 0x00000000 16MB

which results in the following messages in my XFree86 logs:

[agp] ring handle = 0x0000000
[agp] Could not map ring

Its an ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility M7 on an Apple UniNorth 1.5 chipset.

I think the correct aperture base is one of:

AGP special page: 0xdffff000
aper_base: b8000000 MC_FB_LOC to: bbffb800, MC_AGP_LOC to: ffffc000

--
// Gianni Tedesco (gianni at scaramanga dot co dot uk)
lynx --source http://www.scaramanga.co.uk/gianni-at-ecsc.asc | gpg --import

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2003-02-02 19:09:44

by Benjamin Herrenschmidt

Subject: Re: AGP aperture is 16MB @ 0x0

On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 15:36, Gianni Tedesco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem getting agpgart/drm to work on my TiBook, I have
> tracked the problem down to that suspect looking message.
>
> agpgart: AGP aperture is 16MB @ 0x00
> [drm] AGP 0.99 on Unkiwn @ 0x00000000 16MB
>
> which results in the following messages in my XFree86 logs:
>
> [agp] ring handle = 0x0000000
> [agp] Could not map ring

Ok, things are a bit weird with UniNorth, AGP base beeing at 0
is actually correct. You probably need fixed DRM which can deal
with UniNorth weirdies. Ask Michel D?nzer <[email protected]>
for up to date patches against XFree DRI CVS

> Its an ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility M7 on an Apple UniNorth 1.5 chipset.
>
> I think the correct aperture base is one of:
>
> AGP special page: 0xdffff000
> aper_base: b8000000 MC_FB_LOC to: bbffb800, MC_AGP_LOC to: ffffc000

No. These are addresses in the card's address space, and things are
setup differently than what is displayed by this debug code actually ;)
What you see there is what I would like to program in the card, but I
had to disable this for now as it's incompatible with current XFree
radeon driver.

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email protected]>