2003-02-01 12:55:53

by Andries E. Brouwer

Subject: system call documentation

Preparing the next man page release, I compared the list of
system calls for i386 in 2.4.20 with the list of documented
system calls. It looks like

alloc_hugepages,
exit_group,
fgetxattr,
flistxattr,
free_hugepages,
fremovexattr,
fsetxattr,
getpmsg,
get_thread_area,
gettid,
getxattr,
io_cancel,
io_destroy,
io_getevents,
io_setup,
io_submit,
lgetxattr,
listxattr,
llistxattr,
lremovexattr,
lsetxattr,
madvise1,
putpmsg,
readahead,
removexattr,
rt_sigaction,
rt_sigpending,
rt_sigprocmask,
rt_sigqueueinfo,
rt_sigreturn,
rt_sigsuspend,
rt_sigtimedwait,
security,
set_thread_area,
setxattr,
tkill,
ugetrlimit

are undocumented so far. Contributed man pages are welcome.

Andries

by Keith Owens

Subject: Re: system call documentation

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:05:19 +0100 (MET),
[email protected] wrote:
>Preparing the next man page release, I compared the list of
>system calls for i386 in 2.4.20 with the list of documented
>system calls. It looks like
>
>fgetxattr,
>flistxattr,
>fremovexattr,
>fsetxattr,
>getxattr,
>lgetxattr,
>listxattr,
>llistxattr,
>lremovexattr,
>lsetxattr,
>removexattr,
>setxattr,

*xattr* man pages are in the XFS tree and Andreas Gruenbacher's site,
contents forwarded under separate copy.

getxattr.2: getxattr, lgetxattr, fgetxattr2
listxattr.2: listxattr, llistxattr, flistxattr
removexattr.2: removexattr, lremovexattr, fremovexattr
setxattr.2: setxattr, lsetxattr, fsetxattr

2003-02-01 16:36:10

by Andries E. Brouwer

From [email protected] Sat Feb 1 14:22:31 2003

>Preparing the next man page release, I compared the list of
>system calls for i386 in 2.4.20 with the list of documented
>system calls. It looks like
>
>fgetxattr,
>are undocumented so far.

*xattr* man pages are in the XFS tree and Andreas Gruenbacher's site,
contents forwarded under separate copy.

getxattr.2: getxattr, lgetxattr, fgetxattr2
listxattr.2: listxattr, llistxattr, flistxattr
removexattr.2: removexattr, lremovexattr, fremovexattr
setxattr.2: setxattr, lsetxattr, fsetxattr

Good. Thanks!

However,

.\" (C) Andreas Gruenbacher, February 2001
.\" (C) Silicon Graphics Inc, September 2001

there is no indication that redistribution (of possibly modified
copies) is permitted.

Andries

2003-02-02 15:19:24

by Steve Lord

On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 10:45, [email protected] wrote:
> From [email protected] Sat Feb 1 14:22:31 2003
>
> >Preparing the next man page release, I compared the list of
> >system calls for i386 in 2.4.20 with the list of documented
> >system calls. It looks like
> >
> >fgetxattr,
> >are undocumented so far.
>
> *xattr* man pages are in the XFS tree and Andreas Gruenbacher's site,
> contents forwarded under separate copy.
>
> getxattr.2: getxattr, lgetxattr, fgetxattr2
> listxattr.2: listxattr, llistxattr, flistxattr
> removexattr.2: removexattr, lremovexattr, fremovexattr
> setxattr.2: setxattr, lsetxattr, fsetxattr
>
> Good. Thanks!
>
> However,
>
> .\" (C) Andreas Gruenbacher, February 2001
> .\" (C) Silicon Graphics Inc, September 2001
>
> there is no indication that redistribution (of possibly modified
> copies) is permitted.
>
> Andries

There should be no problem with redistribution, I can probably get
someone to update them soon. I presume Andreas will also have no
problems with this.

Steve

--

Steve Lord voice: +1-651-683-3511
Principal Engineer, Filesystem Software email: [email protected]

2003-02-02 15:31:38

by Andreas Gruenbacher

Subject: Re: system call documentation [license question]

On 2 Feb 2003, Stephen Lord wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 10:45, [email protected] wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > *xattr* man pages are in the XFS tree and Andreas Gruenbacher's site,
> > contents forwarded under separate copy.
> >
> > getxattr.2: getxattr, lgetxattr, fgetxattr2
> > listxattr.2: listxattr, llistxattr, flistxattr
> > removexattr.2: removexattr, lremovexattr, fremovexattr
> > setxattr.2: setxattr, lsetxattr, fsetxattr
> >
> > Good. Thanks!
> >
> > However,
> >
> > .\" (C) Andreas Gruenbacher, February 2001
> > .\" (C) Silicon Graphics Inc, September 2001
> >
> > there is no indication that redistribution (of possibly modified
> > copies) is permitted.
> >
> > Andries
>
> There should be no problem with redistribution, I can probably get
> someone to update them soon. I presume Andreas will also have no
> problems with this.

The man pages are intended to be GPL licensed, while libacl (and libattr)
was originally intended to be under LGPL. I have been quite lazy on
putting that right into the package. I assume that nobody has any
objections. Maybe someone wants to add that information to the CVS?

Regards,
Andreas.

2003-02-03 18:32:53

by Mark Fasheh

alloc_hugepages and free_hugepages no longer exist.
--Mark

Mark Fasheh
Software Developer, Oracle Corp
[email protected]