2003-03-05 16:40:13

by turm eric

Subject: kernel issue

I was just wondering how you all felt about linux being used by the army to
crush the world
under the jackboot of the US empire, and to kill babies? Thank you.

by Jeff Garzik

Subject: Re: kernel issue

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 04:50:38PM +0000, turm eric wrote:
> I was just wondering how you all felt about linux being used by the army to
> crush the world
> under the jackboot of the US empire, and to kill babies? Thank you.

I'm curious if you asked the same thing of Microsoft, FreeBSD, OpenBSD,
and every other operating system vendor, or are you just ignorant of how
the world works in general?

Jeff

2003-03-05 18:23:28

by Henrik Persson

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:22:13 -0500
Jeff Garzik <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm curious if you asked the same thing of Microsoft, FreeBSD, OpenBSD,
> and every other operating system vendor, or are you just ignorant of how
> the world works in general?

He's probably just ignorant. It's not linux that is the problem when it
comes to military..uh..thingies.. Politics that doesn't have anything to
do with linux or something that involves linux, or at least something that
way, should IMHO stay outside of LKML..

Free software for everyone means free software for everyone, US.mil
included.

--
Henrik Persson
e-mail: [email protected]

2003-03-05 19:04:42

by Richard B. Johnson

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 04:50:38PM +0000, turm eric wrote:

> I was just wondering how you all felt about linux being used by the army to
> crush the world under the jackboot of the US empire, and to kill babies?
> Thank you.

I think it's great! Now, the world will know what Penguin power
is all about. When I was killing babies in Vietnam, we didn't have
the authority to turn anything as powerful as the Penguin loose.
In fact, Penguin-Power didn't exist yet, and you were still pissing
the bed. But now, just let them babies come stomping across the
desert, the mighty Penguin, the mother-of-all-operating-systems,
will whack their butts into the stone-age.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

by Mike Lundy

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 13:22, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 04:50:38PM +0000, turm eric wrote:
> > I was just wondering how you all felt about linux being used by the
> > army to crush the world
> > under the jackboot of the US empire, and to kill babies? Thank you.
>
> I'm curious if you asked the same thing of Microsoft, FreeBSD,
> OpenBSD, and every other operating system vendor, or are you just
> ignorant of how the world works in general?

He's actually a troll who normally posts on kuro5hin:
http://www.kuro5hin.org/user/turmeric/

--
To smash a single atom, all mankind was intent.
Now any day the atom may return the compliment.

Attachments:
(No filename) (662.00 B)
signed data
(No filename) (189.00 B)
signature

by Randolph Bentson

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 04:50:38PM +0000, turm eric wrote:
> I was just wondering how you all felt about linux being used by the army ....

Pretty much the same as I feel about the army's use of paper.

--
Randolph Bentson

by James Stevenson

Hi

little off topic for the kernel list

mayby you should try a whitehouse.gov.us address or somesuch

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 16:50, turm eric wrote:
> I was just wondering how you all felt about linux being used by the army to
> crush the world
> under the jackboot of the US empire, and to kill babies? Thank you.

by Randy.Dunlap

On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:50:38 +0000 "turm eric" <[email protected]> wrote:

| The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*
| http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
^^^^^^^^

I noticed that this part isn't working....

--
~Randy