2003-03-17 15:41:29

by Larry McVoy

Subject: BK->CVS is live

I think those repositories are stable enough you can start to count on
them. Sam and others have looked over their changes and think that
the CVS tree has accurate data.

The CVS repository is at

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/home/cvs

and it has two top level directories, linux-2.4 and linux-2.5.

2003-03-17 15:47:53

by Jan-Benedict Glaw

Subject: Re: BK->CVS is live

On Mon, 2003-03-17 07:52:20 -0800, Larry McVoy <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:
> I think those repositories are stable enough you can start to count on
> them. Sam and others have looked over their changes and think that
> the CVS tree has accurate data.
>
> The CVS repository is at
>
> cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/home/cvs
>
> and it has two top level directories, linux-2.4 and linux-2.5.

jbglaw@mirror:~$ rsync kernel.bkbits.net::
rsync: failed to connect to kernel.bkbits.net: Connection refused
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(83)

:-(

Allowing rsync on the repository could help people on slow links (modem)
esp. as CVS isn't exactly known to be fast and evvective. I'd love to
have it rsyncable (as we have it for mips-linux:-)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw [email protected] . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.12 kB)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by David Woodhouse

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 15:58, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> Allowing rsync on the repository could help people on slow links (modem)
> esp. as CVS isn't exactly known to be fast and evvective. I'd love to
> have it rsyncable (as we have it for mips-linux:-)

And/or cvsup?

--
dwmw2

2003-03-17 16:52:12

by Sebastian Krause

On 3484 September 1993, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 15:58, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
>> Allowing rsync on the repository could help people on slow links (modem)
>> esp. as CVS isn't exactly known to be fast and evvective. I'd love to
>> have it rsyncable (as we have it for mips-linux:-)
>
> And/or cvsup?

That would be nice and easy to set up because Larry could just use
cvsup with the current CVS-repository. And it would be much faster
than cvs.

2003-03-17 16:53:08

by Tomas Szepe

> [[email protected]]
>
> On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 15:58, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > Allowing rsync on the repository could help people on slow links (modem)
> > esp. as CVS isn't exactly known to be fast and evvective. I'd love to
> > have it rsyncable (as we have it for mips-linux:-)
>
> And/or cvsup?

rsync would be totally splendid. Say, Larry, is that feasible?

--
Tomas Szepe <[email protected]>

2003-03-17 18:01:51

by Shawn

Yeah!

Oh, and while I was sending this, I thought I'd ask a question.
Regarding the folks who still say "not good enough", might it be
possible to export bk metadata into, say, a compressed file in each
subdir in the repository? Such a file would contain any relevant bk
metadata for files in that subdir.

I don't know if that's something one would want to do for performance
reasons or otherwise, but it sound like the thing that would finally
quiet those who are complaining.

Good work! I hope BitchKeeper turns out just as nice.

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 09:52, Larry McVoy wrote:
> I think those repositories are stable enough you can start to count on
> them. Sam and others have looked over their changes and think that
> the CVS tree has accurate data.
>
> The CVS repository is at
>
> cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/home/cvs
>
> and it has two top level directories, linux-2.4 and linux-2.5.
> -

by Shawn

Reading farther down, I think I didn't make sense with my other post.

It's morning for me... ;)