2003-03-27 09:20:15

by Helge Hafting

Subject: Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Much better framebuffer fixes.

Antonino Daplas wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 08:18, James Simmons wrote:
>
>>Okay. Here are more framebuffer fixes. Please try these fixes and let me
>>know how they work out for you.
>>

> This is a resend of the patch I previously sent. I see that you have
> made changes to the logo drawing code targeted for monochrome logo
> drawing to use mono expansion. You still need a few changes though,
> image->bg_color and image->fg_color must be initialized correctly when
> image->depth == 1.

This applied on top of James Simmons' patch, but didn't compile.
spin_lock_irqsave was "unknown".

Helge Hafting

2003-03-27 17:07:13

by Thomas Schlichter

Helge Hafting wrote:
> Antonino Daplas wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 08:18, James Simmons wrote:
> >
> >>Okay. Here are more framebuffer fixes. Please try these fixes and let me
> >>know how they work out for you.
> >>

> > This is a resend of the patch I previously sent. I see that you have
> > made changes to the logo drawing code targeted for monochrome logo
> > drawing to use mono expansion. You still need a few changes though,
> > image->bg_color and image->fg_color must be initialized correctly when
> > image->depth == 1.
>
> This applied on top of James Simmons' patch, but didn't compile.
> spin_lock_irqsave was "unknown".

I had that problem, too, so I changed some code to make it compile, remove
some warnings and even fix a possible memory leak... A patch is attached and
applies after applying the patches fom James Simmons and Antonino Daplas.

With these changes my framebuffer works correctly again, I don't even have any
problem with a misshaped cursor anymore...

Regards
Thomas Schlichter

Attachments:
(No filename) (0.00 B)
signed data
(No filename) (189.00 B)
signature

by Antonino A. Daplas

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 01:16, Thomas Schlichter wrote:

> I had that problem, too, so I changed some code to make it compile, remove
> some warnings and even fix a possible memory leak... A patch is attached and
> applies after applying the patches fom James Simmons and Antonino Daplas.

Thanks :-)

Tony